Residential Fire Alarm Systems & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
For something as important as your home, you need the most advanced residential fire alarm system and monitoring services in Woburn, MA. Lexington Alarm Systems will alert you as soon as an emergency is detected by your home fire alarm system and call emergency personnel for a quick response.Get a Free Consultation
Your Trusted Fire Alarm Company in Woburn, MA
Most homes have smoke detectors in every room. Yet a smoke detector is often not enough to keep your home safe in the event of a fire. If a fire does not create a lot of smoke, it will not trigger the alarm. To keep your family, home, and belongings safe, it is necessary to use the best protection available for fire detection.
An advanced monitored fire alarm system from Lexington Alarm Systems will alert the authorities for you in the event of an emergency. Our residential fire detection system alerts emergency personnel within eight seconds when a home fire alarm goes off. You’ll have more time to get to safety, and the fire department will respond quickly.
Features of Our Alarm Systems
Our home smoke detector systems monitor for:
Adding a carbon monoxide detector to your monitored home fire alarm system is necessary to keep your family safe. You cannot detect carbon monoxide because it is colorless and odorless. It is also fatal. Our detectors alert you if carbon monoxide is detected in your home so your family can stay safe.
Quality residential fire and CO alarms assist with:
- Early CO detection: Carbon monoxide alarms sound when trace amounts of CO are detected, providing ample warning to leave your home before any poisoning or harm to occupants occurs. Short-term CO exposure may cause headaches, nausea, confusion, weakness and dizziness. Acute and heavy exposure can cause loss of consciousness and death.
- Warning about appliances: Many home appliances are sources of CO. Gas water heaters, gas stoves, fuel-fired furnaces, cars, snowblowers, lawnmowers and dryers can all emit carbon monoxide if they malfunction. Home fire detection systems can alert you that a heat-producing appliance is damaged.
- Notifications of accumulating CO: High-quality alarms use electrochemical sensing to warn you of gradually increasing CO levels. Accumulating CO is challenging to detect because you won’t experience symptoms. That’s why a good system is accurate and assists in early detection, allowing residents to get to safety.
A raging fire often produces a lot of smoke, so a smoke detector is necessary for a residential fire alarm system. When our fire detectors sense the presence of smoke, they will go off and alert the proper authorities.
We can help you find a customized smoke detector system for your home and help ensure that it is compliant with local fire standards. We can also assist with smoke detector placement so that your home and family are safe from fire-related accidents.
Residential fire alarm systems are critical for the early detection of smoke and evacuation of residents. Properly installed and maintained alarms are considered one of the most cost-efficient ways to provide early detection of potentially deadly fires.
Smoke alarms may contain multiple sensors that perform differently depending on the fire type:
- Ionization detectors: These smoke alarms contain a chamber and two plates that generate a continuous electrical current. If smoke particles enter the ionization chamber, they disrupt the current and trigger the alarm. These alarms usually aren’t installed in kitchens because they can sound during cooking.
- Photoelectric detectors: These smoke alarms use light beams and receptors or photocells. The alarm is triggered when the smoke particles pass between the beams and receptors.
- Dual detectors: These home fire detection systems combine ionization and photoelectric smoke alarm components, offering enhanced protection for smoky and fast-flaming fires.
Heat detectors are a necessary addition to smoke detectors. They work better in high-heat places, like your kitchen or near your furnace. When our sensors notice a rapid change in temperature, they will be triggered and sound an alarm.
Heat detectors complement smoke and fire alarm systems for homes. Heat alarms are not susceptible to dust, humidity, cooking smoke and other fumes, which reduces the likeliness of false activations. This characteristic makes heat alarms beneficial in areas like kitchens, garages, laundry rooms, cellars and attics where environmental conditions can cause false triggers. Heat detectors are usually classified as rate-of-rise or fixed temperature:
- Rate-of-rise alarms: These detectors are triggered by sudden spikes in temperatures of 12-15 degrees Fahrenheit within minutes, regardless of the starting temperature. The heat detector monitors heat transfer and ambient temperatures.
- Fixed temperature alarms: These heat detectors have a heat-sensitive alloy within them that changes from solid to liquid when temperatures rise. The alarm activates when the system reaches a pre-set temperature.
Choose Lexington Alarm Systems for Smoke Detector Installation in Woburn, MA
Lexington Alarm Systems uses the most advanced technology to protect your home from fires. We are dedicated to creating a custom residential fire alarm system for your Woburn, MA, home. We will take care of the installation, testing, and UL monitoring. Our company is a NICET-certified systems designer, and our team consists of compliance code experts with compliance safety licenses. This means that your system will be up to code.
Keep your family and home safe from fire and carbon monoxide with our smoke detector systems and fire alarm monitoring services. Request a free quote from Lexington Alarm Systems today. We will assess your security needs and property to generate a quote for a home fire alarm system today.
Call 781-275-4200 to talk to a sales representative or request a quote today.