Security Systems for Technology CompaniesNovember 6, 2020 8:00 am
If you work in the technology industry, you understand the importance of protecting your electronic equipment. Not only are these valuable assets frequent targets of theft, but they’re also highly susceptible to water damage, extreme temperatures and various other environmental factors.
Luckily, you can install state-of-the-art systems in your building to protect them from both threats. In this article, we’ll discuss the features of our video surveillance, alarm and environmental monitoring systems for electronics companies, all of which work around the clock to ensure your business’ well-being.
Prevent Theft of Valuable Assets With Video Surveillance and Alarm Systems
Theft of electronic equipment can be costly and cause a major disruption to your business. To minimize this threat, it is crucial to have both an alarm system and video surveillance system installed in your building.
Lexington Alarm Systems offers cutting-edge systems alarm and video surveillance system that you can customize to fit your needs and budget. We’ll go over the features of each below.
Our alarm system features a central monitoring station to alert authorities and allow them to respond to emergencies quickly and effectively. You can add any of the following features.
- Glass break sensors for doors and windows: When burglars break into a business, they usually do so when they’re sure no one is there, so they won’t think twice about kicking down doors or breaking windows. If they attempt this with one of Lexington’s commercial alarm systems, it will immediately notify our monitoring center, which will then notify the police — all within seconds of the break-in. The police can respond immediately because they’ll already know the call is real, thanks to our Call Verification system.
- Motion detectors: If burglars are walking in your building or around its grounds after working hours or at night, our motion detectors will catch them. But don’t worry about false alarms when a raccoon hops the fence — these state-of-the-art detectors are sophisticated enough to distinguish between stray animals and actual intruders.
- Fire and environmental protection: Besides detecting intruders, you can benefit from an alarm that detects other severe threats, such as carbon monoxide and fire. Even the smallest fire could quickly become a blaze and consume most or all of your inventory in a flash. Whether your business is safe or reduced to ashes could depend on how quickly emergency personnel can get to your building. With Lexington’s 24/7 fire monitoring, we’ll ensure an emergency response team arrives at your building as fast as possible.
Video Surveillance System
With our commercial video surveillance system, you can enjoy these features.
- Video recording: You don’t only want your system to detect an intruder — you want to be able to identify them. Our surveillance system can store recorded footage on a network video recorder and encrypt it in the cloud, so you’ll be able to find out who may be wandering around your property.
- Total Connect Video: It’s not likely someone will burglarize your business during working hours or while you’re there. With Total Connect Video, you can quickly go online to check your cameras and make sure all is in order at any time of the day.
- Remote video management: With this feature, you can check your surveillance system from any device, including your smartphone, PC or tablet.
Protect Electronics From Water Damage With Environmental Monitoring
Leaking water is notorious for wreaking havoc on a building. Not only can it destroy your delicate electronic equipment, but over time, it can also cause extreme structural damage.
It’s also a widespread problem. According to the Insurance Information Institute, water damage claims were second only to wind and hail in frequency of filings between 2014 and 2018, with an average of $10,849 per claim. It’s not hard to understand why, as most buildings have multiple sources of water, and any of them could spring a leak, often during inconvenient times like late at night or during the weekend. Once you consider the additional damage mold growth can cause — and the potential damage to your business’ reputation — the costs of water leaks can be extreme.
Luckily, Lexington Alarm Systems offers a cutting-edge solution to this age-old problem: an environmental monitoring system that alerts you to water intrusion as well as a variety of other potential environmental threats in your building.
For instance, after large storms with torrential rainfall, water can make its way into the basement of your building, potentially costing a fortune. Pipes could rupture in a server, bringing your business to an abrupt halt. If the heating in your building fails, the temperature will suddenly drop, which may damage some of your electronics as well. And no matter what kind of business you have, a power outage will likely cause a major disruption. If these incidents occur over the weekend or after work hours, the damage they cause can destroy your electronics, costing exorbitant amounts of money.
With our commercial water leak detector, you can avoid all the above catastrophes. Our system will alert you to temperature changes or water intrusion throughout your building, including your appliances and basement. Even if no one is in your building, you’ll still receive immediate notification about the issue.
Consider these features and benefits of our environmental monitoring system.
- Immediate notification of relevant technicians: Set your system to notify the necessary people, like a plumber, when it detects a threat.
- Water sensors: We offer installation of water sensors in your building. If these sensors detect water, the system will alert our dispatch center, and we’ll contact the right people using the numbers you’ve provided. One additional benefit of these sensors is that they can monitor areas of a building that people cannot or rarely see — in other words, places where a water leak could otherwise go undetected for a long time.
- Low- and high-temperature alarms: These alarms will detect sudden and extreme decreases or increases in temperature. If somewhere in your building experiences a sudden drop or rise in temperature, the panel will notify our center. This feature is especially useful for your fridge, freezer and basement.
Contact Lexington Alarm for Custom Security Solutions Today
At Lexington Alarm, we understand how vital protecting your business is, especially if your building houses lots of valuable electronics. If you’re interested in sophisticated and dependable business security systems, including video surveillance systems, alarm systems or environmental monitoring systems, look no further than Lexington Alarm. Reach out to us using our online form, and we’ll be glad to help you with any of your security needs.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by nathan Raustad